Sigma Delta Pi is pleased to announce that the Epsilon Kappa Chapter of St. John’s University and the Alpha Alpha Lambda Chapter at Western Illinois University have been named co-recipients of the 2017 Frida Kahlo Award for their outstanding websites.
Any/every active chapter may nominate one (1) outstanding student per year for El Premio Gabriela Mistral. The awardee, who may be either a graduate or undergraduate student, must be an active member of Sigma Delta Pi, as defined in Article XV of the National By-laws. Nominations, together with supporting documentation, including several letters of recommendation and a current transcript, should be e-mailed to the Executive Director. Winners will be given a handsome certificate and a book award courtesy of the Gabriela Mistral Foundation. Nominations accepted year round.
Sigma Delta Pi is pleased to announce its partnership with the Gabriela Mistral Foundation,
which will provide all future winners of the Gabriela Mistral Award a copy of the Foundation’s book
From Chile to the World–70 Years of Gabriela Mistral’s Nobel Prize.
Sigma Delta Pi is pleased to announce its 6th Annual Facebook Photo Contest for the 2016-17 academic year.
Rules for submissions:
1) Photos must be posted at www.facebook.com/sigmadeltapi by April 1, 2017. Photos submitted any other way will NOT be considered.
2) Facebook photo caption line must include “2017 SDP Photo Comp” and name of chapter. Eg: “2017 SDP Photo Comp, Pi Theta”
3) Eligible entries must show name of “Sigma Delta Pi” and the Society’s logo within the picture.
4) Competitive entries will reflect mission of Sigma Delta Pi in creative, original, entertaining and coherent ways.
5) Person who posts/submits the photo must be a member (not alumni members) of an active chapter of Sigma Delta Pi; chapter Facebook group pages may also submit the photo.
6) Maximum of two photo entries per chapter.
Winning entry along with 2nd and 3rd place distinctions will be announced by April 15, 2017.
Sigma Delta Pi and the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica (SHH) of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese are proud to announce their inaugural chapter grant program for 2017. A Sigma Delta Pi chapter and a SHH chapter, both of active status, may apply for a joint grant of up to $300 to support a collaborative project in spring 2017 that complements the missions of Sigma Delta Pi and the SHH . This grant program aims to promote collaboration between chapters of Sigma Delta Pi and the SHH to help raise the visibility of Spanish honor societies in our communities and to incentivize high school honor society members to continue their Spanish education at the collegiate level. Deadline for applications: February 15, 2017. For the downloadable application and further details, please visit: http://www.sigmadeltapi.org/SDP-SHHchaptergrants.html